I am using angle iron to support the wood top as flat bar will flex and make the table bouncy, square tube is to bulky and pipe has little contact area with the surface. Angle iron cancels out any flexing in either direction and is the most suitable extrusion for my supports.
Also i will drill 3 counter-sunk holes in each section of angle iron and screw in self tapping screws to attach the top to the metal legs.
I have decided to leave the legs uncapped despite a few ideas from my tutors and it will allow space for future modification, where i can run a chord/plug through the legs to the top whilst being completely hidden. I have also decided to have the pipe that separates the two legs to be slightly higher than ground level on the back legs. This is because this is a reasonably central point and will be structurally the strongest connection location available and it also allows for a foot rest for the user.
No comments:
Post a Comment